Grad Advice

Gradvocates Editing

Go Back   Grad Advice > Law School Forums > Law School Applications

Old

Default sample LOCI (letter of continued interest)

Virtual LSAT Proctor DVD
Can anyone post a sample LOCI to send to law schools when you are waitlisted?
Sponsored Links
Old
Administrator

Well here are some general tips for LOCI's.

Keep them short, no more than a page. Two paragraphs seems appropriate.

-Include a short introduction like "thank you for taking time to consider me and give me an opportunity to attend your school."

-Tell them any relevant news about you, like what you have been up to, any changes in GPA, any significant accomplishments since you first applied.

-Express how much you want to go there and why the school is a good fit for you. A lot of times they waitlist applicants to see which ones are actually serious about going there, which ones know something about their school, and which ones just applied for the sake of applying.

-End with a short conclusion like "Please let me know if you require any additional information from me that will help in your decision."
Old

Where were you waitlisted?
Old

Thanks logic.

Waitlisted at GW.
Old

Default Do they really work?

Do these letters really make a huge difference? I have never heard of someone using one before.
Old
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea4444rose View Post
Do these letters really make a huge difference? I have never heard of someone using one before.
It is standard procedure to include one when you are waitlisted. Who knows if they really matter.
Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by logic games View Post
Well here are some general tips for LOCI's.

Keep them short, no more than a page. Two paragraphs seems appropriate.

-Include a short introduction like "thank you for taking time to consider me and give me an opportunity to attend your school."

-Tell them any relevant news about you, like what you have been up to, any changes in GPA, any significant accomplishments since you first applied.

-Express how much you want to go there and why the school is a good fit for you. A lot of times they waitlist applicants to see which ones are actually serious about going there, which ones know something about their school, and which ones just applied for the sake of applying.

-End with a short conclusion like "Please let me know if you require any additional information from me that will help in your decision."
Yeah I guess shorter is better. good suggestions.
Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea4444rose View Post
I think they are just another step in the selection process... they figure if someone doesn't care enough to send a letter, then they are not really serious about attending that school and probably just applied for the hell of it.
Old

if u happen to live near by it's a good idea to visit the campus and talk to people there. a friend of mine visited the school she wanted to go to after she got wait listed and she got accepted afterwards. the school said her visiting made a big difference.
Old

Question LOCI

I am about to write a LOCI after bring WL. I was interested in the post about visiting the law school itself. I wanted to hear others opinions about that; good idea???

Thanks!